Chocolate Cherry Brownie
For the coming Festive Season, try Earth’s Bounty Cherries Glacé Red 500g, and more Earth’s Bounty products for your recipes.
An easy and rich recipe, Chocolate brownie and delicious cherries Glacé red for every occasion!
Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 38 Mins | Serves: 16
- Preheat the oven to 175 C (160 C fan). Butter the bottom and the sides of your 8 inch square baking tin and line it with baking paper, with plenty of overhang.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and 100g of sugar and heat over a medium heat, stirring slowly until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted completely, about 1-2 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the remaining 200g of sugar until light, smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Pour the sugar and butter mixture into the sugar and egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Ad the dry ingredients to the bowl with sugar, egg and butter mix and whisk to combine. Do not overmix, few streaks of flour remaining are just fine. Add the chocolate and cherries and fold them with spatula until they are evenly incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and smooth the top with spatula. You can also reserve a small handful of chopped chocolate and scatter it over the top of brownie batter.
- Bake the brownies for 38 – 40 minutes or until the top of the brownies is set and shiny, with few cracks in the surface. Toothpick inserted in the middle will not be clean and should have crumb on it.
- Allow the brownies to cool and set in the tin for at least 1 hour or ideally, until completely cool. Use the overhang baking paper to lift the brownies from the tin, slice into 16 square pieces.
Inspired by the Anna Wierzbinska. Anna banana Co. Chocolate Cherry Brownies Recipe.